Thursday 22 September 2016

22-09-2016 UkeEast


Well, it`s the end of the traditional `festival` season, but fear not, the hidden music scene has another gem up it`s sleeve.  A bunch of my ukulele friends have arranged UkeEast, a ukulele festival due to burst into life on Friday 22nd, Saturday 23rd & Sunday 24th September in and around Norwich.  Saturdays events take place at Norwich Arts Centre.

Well, as I am a member of Norwich Ukulele Society, I`m going to be there and I`m performing with other members during the afternoon.  All very exciting.

Strangely enough, before I began my musical journey I never really gave much thought to the amount of practice required to pull a gig together.  How naive of me.  I now realise that about 85% of a musicians time is practice, plain and simple.  Without it, the bread & butter of performance is not possible.  Practice is not always enjoyable or satisfying, it can be tortuous, it can be painful and can feel like a big waste of time BUT it is totally necessary.  From the busker on the corner outside Tescos to the Rolling Stones - putting in the hours make all the difference.

Needless to say, I have been practising with the Uke Society for weeks and weeks for a 15 minute slot during the programme.  However I know it will be worth it - it always is!

More soon - with UkeEast photos (hopefully)


XX








No comments:

Post a Comment