Thursday 9 October 2014

Bourjois Liner Effect Mascara review


A couple of weeks ago I treated myself to this new edition mascara from Bourjois.  I`m a big fan of vintage style make up and styling and have weekly struggles with the perfect vintage eyeliner flick, which can take me ages to achieve neatly.  That being the case I thought I`d try something to make this process a little easier, quicker and less likely to end up in a black smudgy mess.  
Well, the first thing I noticed was an odd shaped mascara applicator (usually shaped as a loo brush) this one has the usual bristles on one side and much shorter ones on the other side of the brush.  It seems that the user can apply mascara from eyelash root to tip, beginning with the shorter bristles at the root, twisting the wand to allow the longer bristles to spread the mascara to the tips. 
It`s a little tricky to do this successfully and I`ve made repeated attempts with varying results, from near perfection to near disaster!  Unfortunately the mascara itself seems too liquid to do the job properly, it is not waterproof either so it`s liable to spread around during all day wear. To tell the truth, I`m a little disappointed !  I guess I`ll keep going with traditional eyeliner for my doe-eyed look!
bourjois-liner-effect-mascara-brun-artiste-brown-mascara-1266106411 ...

Good Points
Nice packaging
Easily found in major chemists
Affordable (less than £10)
Rich black colour
Bad Points
Fiddly
Flaky after the mascara has dried
Smudgy
Doesn't leave a clean line
















No comments:

Post a Comment