Tuesday 11 February 2014

Delicious Decoupage

One of my very favorite pastimes is the extremely addictive craft of decoupage.  I happened to stumble upon it one wet and rainy afternoon when trying to entertain the children a few years ago.  Since then I have had a go at all sorts of techniques and covered all sorts of objects.  I really enjoy the space the craft gives you to express yourself and find your own style, the items you buy especially to decorate, up cycle or save from a skip can enhance your home or make perfectly unusual and highly appreciated gifts for others.

I have rounded up 3 of the best examples I could find on ETSY created by very talented decoupiers - visit their shops for more details!

A colourful, unique bag from Love Kitty Pink
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/lovekittypink


A cockerel treasure box from Decoupage Delight Deco 
www.etsy.com/uk/shop/DecoupageDelightDeco

For shoe lovers Hello Kitty Heals from Kapow Couture
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KapowCouture

Obviously I cant leave this without showing off some of my own work!!!


Here is a mini drawer set, perfect for a jewellery box or maybe as an addition to a dressing table to pop your lipsticks or smaller makeup items in.  I have gone to town with crackle glaze and gold paint and have even lined the mini drawers with paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment