Wednesday 29 August 2012

Lavender loopy

Its been a lavender frenzy here at MISS POPPY`S HQ today.  Rain was forecast for later, so I decided to get on with my lavender harvest.  I only got to deal with one of my monsterous bushes and filled a cardboard box with lavender flowers.  These will be turned every few days to ensure an even `dry`.  I have lots of planned uses for my bumper harvest, from lavender pomanders, to additions to my soap and balms AND in the kitchen.  Below is a Lavender biscuit recipewhich I made today.  Its apparently a favorite of the Duchess of Cornwall (Camilla) perhaps she offers some to Wills and Kate when they pop in for a cuppa! 
1 Cream the butter and most of the sugar together (save some for later)

 Ingredients :
70g sugar
110g butter/marg (I used Flora Buttery)
150g plain flour
25g rolled oats
1 tablespoon fresh lavender flowers




3 Mix into a dough and chill in fridge for 15 mins.

2 Add flour and oats


4 Roll out so it`s 1cm thick

5 Use cutter of your choice, place on a greased baking sheet and sprinkle with the rest of the lavender sugar

6 Chill for another 15 mins.  Then bake at gas mark 4 for 20 mins.
7 Finally, relax with an afternoon cuppa and a biccie. 
Enjoy!   See you soon XX 





No comments:

Post a Comment